Tree Hotel & Ice Hotel
4 nights from £2,600 pp
Includes: 2 nights Tree Hotel half board, 2 nights Ice Hotel B&B (1 night ice room, 1 night warm room) flights from UK, transfers & train between Boden and Kiruna.
Overview & Highlights
Stay at two of Sweden’s most celebrated hotels – ICEHOTEL and Treehotel – on this adventure packed holiday to Swedish Lapland. As well as stays in these unique Scandinavian hotels, you can explore the frozen wilderness with a choice of optional winter excursions from Northern Lights tours to snowmobile safaris, husky-sledding adventures, ice-carving classes and wilderness dinners.
- Two of the most unique hotels in Sweden
- Sleep in the tree canopy and look for the Northern Lights
- Travel by train through rural Sweden
- Experience snow adventures in winter
- Enjoy the great outdoors in summer – foraging & bush dining
- Tour the iconic first ICEHOTEL
“Swedish Lapland is a stunning destination, all year round. Breathe in the clean, fresh air of the pine forests surrounded by nature. The Tree Hotel is certainly a trip of a lifetime experience, all of the rooms are complety unique.”
At the Tree Hotel the rooms are all unique and range from UFOs, mirror cubes and the all-new Bisophere, built with a facade of 340 bird nests, which blends seamlessly into the forest.
The ICEHOTEL is located 200km north of the Arctic Circle in the small village of Jukkasjärvi, this is one of the most incredible places to stay anywhere in the world. And, despite it having spawned several other examples in Scandinavia, and even one in Canada, this is the original!
- Day 1: Fly to Luleå and transfer to the Treehotel where a guided tour will introduce you to its unique design and construction. Your accommodation for the night will be in one of eight treetop rooms.
- Day 2: Choose from a range of optional excursions including dogsledding, horse sleigh rides, a cultural tour to a nearby Sami village or an afternoon spent skiing at nearby Storklinten. In the evenings, tuck into delicious home cooked food at Treehotel’s cosy restaurant; menus are inspired by the ingredients of Lapland and change with the seasons.
- Day 3: After breakfast, travel by train to Kiruna and transfer to the ICEHOTEL. Take a tour of the hotel before checking into an ice Room where you’ll spend your first night. Or, perhaps upgrade to one of the hotel’s individually themed Art Suites. Whichever you choose, you’ll enjoy a night to remember as you stretch out on a bed of ice with reindeer skins and Arctic sleeping bags to keep you warm.
- Days 4: In the morning, you’ll wake to a steaming glass of lingonberry juice and a delicious buffet breakfast before heading out to enjoy a full range of optional excursions. Choose between husky sledding, snowmobile safaris, reindeer encounters and ice sculpting classes, perhaps rounding things off with a traditional Lappish dinner and an optional Northern Lights adventure. Your accommodation for your second night at ICEHOTEL will be in a warm Arctic Chalet.
- Day 5: After breakfast, check out and transfer to the airport for your return flight, via Stockholm, to the UK.
This is just one example of a holiday to Swedish Lapland. We can create your own bespoke holiday to combine either Tree Hotel or ICEHOTEL with other locations in Sweden. Maybe stay at the luxury Arctic Bath hotel or in summer combine the Tree Hotel with a natural history adventure camping in the wild forests.
“The tree hotel in Sweden was fantastic, we loved it and stayed in the Mirror Cube, when we woke up there were 12 reindeer asleep below the cube. Loved all excursions and cooking on an open fire in the forest in the snow was something else!“Denise Bush
Let us begin the journey that will create memories to last a lifetime.