Peru – Andes to Amazon
13 days from £9,430 per person
(based on 2 sharing excluding flights depending on season)
Overview & Highlights
Visit Imperial Lima and colonial Cusco at the heart of the Inca empire and travel on the luxury Belmond Hiram Bingham train to the mountain-top citadel of Machu Picchu, where you’ll spend the night at Belmond Palacio Nazarenas.
Embark the luxury yacht Aria Amazon, an exclusive, contemporary and very service-oriented vessel the design of which was inspired by the traditional Amazon river boat. From the deck and your air-conditioned cabin, you can enjoy jungle views, and there are guided wildlife excursions into the Amazon jungle.
- Hiram Bingham train from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu the ‘Lost City’
- Amazon wildlife cruise on the MV Aria expedition vessel
- Full day excursion to the Sacred Valley, including Pisaq market and Ollantaytambo
- Full day excursion to indian village Chinchero, saltpans of Maras and Maray Inca site
- Half day city tour of Cusco and the Sacsayhuamán Inca ruined fortress
- Half day excursion of colonial Lima including Larco pre-Columbian art museum
“With so much to see and do in South America, it’s always tricky to choose the right destination to fit in the best of everything! If you only have a couple of weeks but want to experience the best of Peru, this is a fabulous itinerary, taking you from the heights of the Andes and world famous ancient cities to the heart of the Amazon rainforest.”
- Day 1: Arrive in Lima and transfer to hotel on the Pacific coast in Miraflores.
- Day 2: Tour colonial Lima, visit Larco pre-Columbian art museum. Fly to Cusco.
- Day 3: Half day city tour of Cusco; visit Sacsayhuamán Inca fortress ruins.
- Day 4: Explore the Sacred Valley, including Pisaq market.
- Day 5: Excursion to Chinchero indian village, Maras saltpans and Moray Inca site.
- Day 6: Transfer to Ollantaytambo. Hiram Bingham train to Machu Picchu. Guided tour of the ruins.
- Day 7: Revisit Machu Picchu, return to Cusco by Vistadome train.
- Day 8: At leisure.
- Day 9: Fly to jungle city of Iquitos, board the Aria Amazon for 4 day Amazon cruise.
- Days 10-11: M/V Aria Amazon cruise with daily excursions.
- Day 12: Fly to Lima, overnight in Miraflores.
- Day 13: Transfer to Lima international airport.
“Oh my god, what a fantastic holiday we had! Did everything we wanted and more – even got a superb northern lights display. Everything was absolutely spot on. Hotels were superb, people were friendly beyond belief. Really impressed with your knoweledge & choice of itinerary.”Helen and Garry – Lapland
“Thanks for all your support and meticulous planning – we had a wonderful holiday huge thanks again for putting it all together and getting everything just right. The Indian Pacific train was just magnificent, food and wines lovely… a great experience.”Dave & Nicki, Anne & Allan – Australia
“It was such an amazing trip everything went like clockwork. The wildlife was fantastic, noises unreal. Monkeys in the trees above the lodges at Tortuguero were mesmerising. Fell in love with Helga the Sloth at Toucan Rescue Ranch!”Denise & Carl – Costa Rica
“Thank you for a fabulous tailor-made holiday, your knowledge of East Africa was second to none. Highlights included summiting Kilimanjaro, Tarangire National Park & Ngorongoro Crater.”James H – Tanzania
“Our wish list and expectations were completely understood. It was such a magical trip, every single detail was perfect. It’s hard to pick a highlight because we loved every second!”Smith Family – Lapland
“Travel With Jules takes my fledgling dream for a trip, and transforms it into real life; never suggesting that my dream be squeezed into a pre-formed package.”Ian Furbank
Let us begin the journey that will create memories to last a lifetime.