3 nights from £1,665pp
Includes: 3 nights in a glass igloo at Levi Northern Lights village, half board with flights & transfers
Overview & Highlights
An incredible sight top of many travellers wish list, the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) can be seen all around the Northern polar region surrounding the Arctic Circle.
This ‘auroral zone’ extends over northern Scandinavia, Iceland, Greenland to northern Canada, Alaska and the north coast of Siberia.
One of the most popular short break holidays to see the Northern Lights is northern Norway, around Tromso and the stunning Lofoten Islands.
The dancing lights of the Aurora Borealis light up polar skies with the best time to see them October-November and March, though they are visible flickering in the skies right through the Arctic winter.
There are a range of unusual places to stay across the Arctic and many wilderness lodges have glass igloos or aurora cabins where you can view the sky at night from the comfort of a cosy bedroom!
There are also Ice and Snow hotels from where you can take Northern Lights excursions. One of the most popular is the truly unique Tree Hotel in Sweden.
As well as keeping your eyes to the sky Aurora spotting, there are a whole range of exciting Arctic activities to enjoy, here are just some highlights.
- Dog sledding through pine forests laiden with thick snow
- Spend time with traditional Sami reindeer herders
- Snowmobile across vast frozen lakes
- Visit Ice hotels and Snow hotels, try your hand at ice sculpting
- Trek on snow shoes through winter wonderlands
- Cross country skiing
- Multi day guided snowmobile adventures staying in forest huts & Lavu Igloos
- Explore Ice caves and glaciers
- Take the Arctic Explorer train across the ‘roof of the world’
- Hot springs, saunas & polar plunges!
“There is a huge range of Arctic accommodation to chose from in Northern Lights hot spots. Ask me about the best locations for your requirements and I will create a bespoke trip of a lifetime! “
Here are just some of our favourite Northern Lights holiday choices.
- Levi Northern Lights Village (can combine with some downhill skiing)
- Tree Hotel in Sweden
- Ion Adventure Hotel, Iceland (ideal for an active adventure holiday)
- Small ship expedition trip with whale watching on Norwegian Fjords
- Wilderness Hotel Nangu, Finnish Lapland – adults only
- Hamn I Senja or Malangen, Norwegian coast
- Arctic Bath Hotel, Sweden
- Harriniva Wilderness Hotel in Finnish Lapland – perfect for Family Santa holidays!
- Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel, Alta, Norway.
- Journey through The Yukon in Canada
Prices range from around £1665 pp to £3200 pp for 3 nights in Lapland.
Luxury hotels are priced depending on seasons and requirements, so contact us for a bespoke quote.
“Oh my god, what a fantastic holiday we had! Did everything we wanted and more – even got a superb northern lights display. Everything was absolutely spot on. Hotels were superb, people were friendly beyond belief. Really impressed with your knoweledge & choice of itinerary.“Helen and Garry
Let us begin the journey that will create memories to last a lifetime.