Indian Pacific Rail Journey
6 days from £2,365 pp
Includes 1 night Perth hotel, 4 days/3 nights on Indian Pacific train in Gold service cabin, all inclusive meals & drinks, off train experiences, 1 night Sydney hotel.
Overview & Highlights
Follow the path of bush pioneers, gold rush prospectors and legendary adventurers as you make an epic transcontinental crossing aboard the Indian Pacific.
Spend 4 days onboard the Indian Pacific, including off train tours in Kalgoorlie, Rawlinna, Cook, Adelaide & the Blue Mountains.
- One of the world’s greatest rail journeys
- 3 nights on board The Indian Pacific train
- Experience vast desert landscapes and remote outposts
- Onboard dining includes regionally inspirec menus paired with local wines
- Travel across the Nullaboor Plains
“For any rail travel enthusiast, a trip on The Indian-Pacific crossing Australia is a must do experience. If you would like to explore for longer by rail I would suggest combining with The Ghan to take you across the ‘red centre’ of Australia up to Darwin too!”
We can tailor any of Australia’s ‘Journey Beyond’ rail trips with flights, hotels and car hire as part of a longer holiday around Australia.
- Day 1: After a night in Perth, settle into your cabin and enjoy lunch as you glide through the hills of Avon Valley. after dinner arrive into the wild west township of Kalgoorlie.
- Day 2: Awake to the spectacular expanse of the Nullarbor Plain to watch the sunrise. Explore the once-thriving Nullarbor railway community – now ghost town – of Cook. Sit back and relax as the train continues its trek across the longest single stretch of railway in the world.
- Day 3: On arrival in Adelaide, you have the choice of a walking tour (seasonal), a behind-the-scenes tour of the world famous Adelaide Oval, breakfast inside the Adelaide Central Markets, a scenic drive through the hills, or a coach tour of the city sights.
- Days 4: Wake in the picturesque Blue Mountains. See the majestic Three Sisters at Echo Point and the views at Jamison Valley before completing your journey on chartered NSW rail service (fully hosted by our Indian Pacific Crew) into Sydney Central Station. Alternatively, stay on board the Indian Pacific to travel directly to Sydney. Overnight Sydney hotel.
This is just one example of an iconic rail journey across Australia. The Indian-Pacific can also be booked in the opposite direction or you can disembark in Adelaide. Other luxury rail experiences include The Ghan (Darwin – Adelaide via Alice Springs), The Great Southern (Adelaide – Brisbane) and The Overland (Adelaide – Melbourne).
“Thanks for all your support and meticulous planning – we had a wonderful holiday huge thanks again for putting it all together and getting everything just right.
The Indian Pacific was just magnificent, food and wines lovely… a great experience just trundling across the desert and talking to the other guests, playing ‘spot the Kanger! One of the highlights was stopping at a vast gold mine at Kalgoorlie”DAVE & NICKI, ANNE & ALLAN
Let us begin the journey that will create memories to last a lifetime.