Norway – Spitsbergen
In Search of Polar Bears
14 days from £11,100 pp
Includes: Expedition cruising with qualified guides, all meals on board, transport and listed activities.
Overview & Highlights
Immerse yourself in the natural wonders of the land of the midnight sun and learn how to photograph Arctic Wildlife.
This unique voyage offers a true expeditionary spirit: rather than follow a set itinerary, the search for Polar bears and other wildlife determines the route and shore landings in the pristine Norwegian Arctic.
Experience this once-in-a-lifetime journey aboard a new expedition vessel, Ultramarine, which is equipped with 20 quick-launching Zodiacs, luxurious onboard amenities and the biggest portfolio of adventure options in the Polar regions. This ship is operated by Quark Expeditions.
Cruising along the coast, ice edge and inner fjords of Spitsbergen, you’ll be immersed in the natural wonders of the land of the midnight sun whilst photographing Arctic wildlife …
The Polar bear as it prowls the edges of the pack ice on its perpetual hunt for food; the walrus with its long tusks and distinctive whiskers; cliff-dwelling Arctic birds in the thousands; and small herds of reindeer loping across the colourful tundra.
- View iconic Arctic wildlife, including Polar bears, walrus and Arctic fox
- Enjoy continuous daylight, perfect for photography
- Cruise in a Zodiac for closer views of glaciers, fjords, & icebergs
- Hike across colourful tundra
- Learn techniques and tips from onboard photographers
- Travel in a small expedition vessel
- Accompanied by extremely qualified Expedition Staff
“Spitsbergen (Svalbard) is one of the most northerly frontiers of Europe and this Polar expedition is truly a trip of a lifetime. For the wildlife and photography enthusiast, the landscapes of the midnight sun, together with the search for polar bears offer a dream holiday.”
Included are: all meals while on the ship – beer and house wine during dinner – all accommodation – all transport and listed activities – full complement of qualified Expedition Staff – mandatory transfer package including return flights between Helsinki and Longyearbyen.
We can include flights from the UK. Please contact us for a quote & availability.
Next departure 10 – 24 May 2024
- Day 1: Your Arctic voyage begins in Oslo, Norway’s vibrant capital city. If you arrive early, there are many museums, restaurants and green spaces to keep you busy before retiring at your included airport hotel.
- Day 2: Embarkation Day in Longyearbyen, Svalbard
- Days 3-13: Exploring Spitsbergen
- Day 14: Disembark in Longyearbyen and flight back to Oslo.
This is just one example of a polar expedition cruise to Arctic Norway. Other group tours & cruises are available, plus bespoke trips to Canada in search of Polar Bears.
“As a keen photographer, a wildlife tour to Spitsbergen Island, in Norway’s Svalbard archipelago was a dream trip. This expedition had been nearly 2 years in the planning and something that had been top of my bucket list for as long as I can remember – I even took the Polar plunge!“Mark Tolcher
Let us begin the journey that will create memories to last a lifetime.