Holiday in Paradise
10 days from £2,750pp
Includes: Flights from London, 9 nights accommodation B&B, transfers & car hire.
Overview & Highlights
The tropical island of Guadeloupe sits in the French Caribbean and is the ideal choice for those with an interest in the natural world and traditional Caribbean culture and hospitality.
Shaped like a butterfly, the island is spread out with different terrain amongst forest covered hills (perfect for birdwatching) and the beautiful beaches, flanked by traditional towns and plenty of cafes and bars.
Best known as ‘Saint Marie’ from the hit TV series ‘Death in Paradise’ a must for all fans is a tour around the islands key locations. An old church is home to the police station and of course Katherine’s bar and the inspector’s beach house are highlights of the tour. Local guides can take you around the island on the trail of the detectives, or drive yourself if you have a car.
Ferry services link with neighbouring Martinique, making a twin centre holiday with the two islands a popular choice.
- French Caribbean culture & hospitality
- Tour the film sets of Death in Paradise
- Have a drink at Katherine’s bar
- Explore the nature rich habitats of the interior
- Take a boat trip to the outer islands
“The Guadeloupe archipelago of islands in the French Caribbean is a fantastic choice for those looking to enjoy the natural beauty of the tropical forests & experience authentic Caribbean culture. Most of all, a visit to Guadeloupe is a must for all fans of ‘Death in Paradise’. Have a sunset drink at Katherine’s bar … cheers!”
Made up of six inhabited islands, and six uninhabited, the region boasts plenty of colourful French-Caribbean charm. Due to their lush volcanic hills and white sandy beaches, the islands are often compared to St Lucia in look and feel, with the added benefit of far less tourists. Of the six main islands, neighbouring Grande-Terre and Basse-Terre are the most populous islands, and are connected by a good link road. In fact, the roads and infrastructure on Guadeloupe are all surprisingly good and hiring a car is an excellent way to explore.
This is a sample itinerary based on a twin centre, combing a beautiful guest house surrounded by tropical forests with a traditional hotel on the beach front (which you may recognise if you are a Death in Paradise fan!).
- Day 1: Depart London via Paris to Guadeloupe, transfer to Le Jardin Malanga
- Day 2 – 4: Three days to enjoy birdwatching and explore the forests & natural beauty of the interior. (Local guides or a hire car can be added).
- Day 5: Transfer to a different side of Guadeloupe to Gosier, which is a vibrant beach location with a range of restaurants and local attractions. 5 nights at La Creole Beach Hotel
- Days 6-9: At leisure to enjoy the culture of the island, take a tour round the Death in Paradise film sights, boat trips or ferry to outer islands or a range of other local tours.
- Day 10: Transfer to Guadeloupe airport for your flight home (via Paris)
Flights are with Air France via Paris, if you would like to combine with Martinique, we can arrange to fly into one and out of the other island. Contact me for your own tailor made holiday to Guadeloupe and the French Caribbean.
“Le Creole was in a perfect location with an excellent restaurant and bar right next door! We had an amazing private guide for a day who showed us the Death in Paradise film locations..”Eric & Caroline (visited Guadeloupe & Martinique)
Let us begin the journey that will create memories to last a lifetime.