Best of Cuba
14 days from £2,920pp
Includes: accommodation, transport in Cuba, some tours (see below), excludes international flights
Overview & Highlights
Visit Havana, the Viñales valley, forested Las Terrazas and the best historic cities; Cienfuegos, Santa Clara and Trinidad. Wind down on a Caribbean beach.
This holiday includes the main highlights of Cuba but you’ll dig deeper, with walks and private excursions to help you to understand how this country really ticks.
Cuba is unique and inspiring; a socialist stronghold, with a rebellious history, colonial splendour in many of the towns, spectacular countryside and a Caribbean heart. Its vibrancy and friendly people will make a lasting impression.
The trip begins in Havana, Cuba’s inimitable capital, with its faded grandeur and pulsating rhythms. Head west to stroll around Viñales, a fertile valley with limestone mountains in the tobacco-growing region.
After a visit to forested Las Terrazas, an eco-experiment that really works, you’ll visit three of the country’s contrasting cities, Cienfuegos, colonial Trinidad and Santa Clara, each with a story to tell. There’s time to absorb it all on a sugar-white beach on one of the loveliest Caribbean cays, Santa María.
- Vinales and the Sierra de los Organos
- Las Terrazas
- Cienfuegos, Santa Clara and Bay of Pigs
- Trinidad and the Escambray Mountains
- Caribbean cayes and coast
“Cuba is the largest of all the Caribbean islands and one of the most fascinating with a rich culture, steeped in music and dance. The island has stunning landscapes, from plantations & forests to pristine sandy beaches and coral cays.”
Included in price:
- Services of team of Latin America experts in UK and locally
- All transport within Cuba
- Accommodation & meals as specified
- Half day guided walking tour of Old Havana
- Half day guided walking tour of Viñales Valley
- Half day guided walking tour of Cienfuegos
- Full day excursion, exploring Trinidad and visiting the Sugar Mill Valley
- Half day city tour of Santa Clara with visit to Che Guevara Mausoleum
The high season for visitors is Dec – Apr when the weather is usually sunny, mostly dry and not too humid, though there can be cool days. Hurricane and tropical storms are possible Aug – Nov.
- Day 1: Arrive in Havana. Transfer to hotel in the historic centre.
- Day 2: Guided walking tour of Old Havana.
- Day 3: By road to Viñales, western Cuba.
- Day 4: Half day guided walking in Viñales Valley.
- Day 5: Transfer to rural Las Terrazas.
- Day 6: At leisure in forested countryside.
- Day 7: By road to Cienfuegos port, Pearl of the South.
- Day 8: Guided walking city tour. By road to colonial Trinidad.
- Day 9: Guided tour of the city and Sugar Mill Valley.#
- Day 10: By road to Santa Clara, guided city tour, continue to island Cayo Santa María.
- Days 11-12: At leisure on the beach.
- Day 13: Transfer to Las Brujas and continue to Havana overland.
- Day 14: Transfer to airport for flight home
This is just one example of a tailor made holiday to Cuba. We can create your own bespoke holiday to include a variety of locations and experiences, or small group escorted tours.
“We feel we had a very good taste of what Cuba has to offer – the good, the bad and the ugly, all part of the journey. Beautiful country, lovely people – we had excellent guides and our three homestays were an interesting mix & wonderful experiences. The luxury resort at Caya Santa Maria was fantastic.”Mr & Mrs B
Let us begin the journey that will create memories to last a lifetime.