Search for your perfect holiday
Our safari partners Ker & Downey Botswana pride themselves on being one of the most family friendly safari operators in Southern Africa and Jules can personally vouch for that having personally experienced these Botswana safaris!
1. No private vehicle required. Guaranteeing maximum 4 PAX per vehicle means family groups from 4 to 7 get their own private vehicle.
2. No private activities required. Minimum age of camp is the minimum age of children for all activities, including the Sleep Out Decks (Kanana and Dinaka).
3. No festive season surcharges. This includes Easter (Shoulder Season), Christmas and New Year (Low Season). Travel in school holidays for no extra cost!
4. Children’s menus. Camp management will chat to a family on arrival about their dining preferences and offer some alternative meals if so desired.
5. Reduced children’s rates. Low and Shoulder Season children receive discounted rates when sharing with a full paying adult. This discounted rate is available in peak season when booking the family tent(s). Adult rates only applicable at 16 years of age
6. Specialist Family Package. The Ker & Downey Botswana Family Package is not only cost effective, it also “gives-back” to Bana Ba Letsatsi (Children’s Centre in Maun). Ethical Tourism.
7. Family tents. Dinaka, Kanana, Okuti and Footsteps Camp all have family tents. Each family tent has the same configuration; they sleep maximum 5 people, have 2 bedrooms with a shared bathroom, indoor and outdoor shower.
8. Interactive activities. All our teams are trained in hosting families, though its very much within our culture to have extended families, our guests become part of that.
9. Safety checks and references. All our guides and management require a “Police Clearance” before confirmation of employment.
10. Young Explorers – saved the best for last. This is the perfect Botswana family safari set in an exclusive use camp in the heart of the Okavango!
Travel With Jules is a national award-winning Independent Travel Agency offering travel concierge services based in Suffolk, UK.
Travel With Jules offers bespoke global travel advice and tailor made itineraries for individuals, couples, groups, families and businesses. Whether it’s everyday travel (such as flights-only) or luxury holidays of a lifetime, we include no-fee research and check the details and paperwork for you, removing any stress. Keep an eye on the offers and late availability pages too, for some surprisingly affordable deals, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to receive our insider travel tips and updates.